Articles

are

Are Employability Skills Coachable?

by admin

June 25, 2013

0 Comments



Enough has been written on “employability skills” or their lack thereof amongst most Indian students. Essential for any job aspirant, these are non-technical skills and competencies which play a significant part in contributing to an individual’s effective and successful participation in the workplace. As per a report by NASSCOM, a mere 10% of fresh graduates are actually employable! Similar surveys on Engineers and MBAs put employable professionals no more than 25% - net, a vast majority of even professionally qualified people are not industry ready.... Read more
9missing

9 Missing Elements in an MBA

by admin

June 21, 2013

0 Comments



There are more than 2000 Bschools in India where students pay between Rs. 2-6 lacs fee, hoping to find their dream career. Unfortunately, most of these schools (beyond the Top 100) are actually running on a meager 20-40% placements. Remaining students leave the campus either without a job or end up working on some low skill base job. Think about this: 2 in 3 of all MBAs in India remain either un-employed or severly under-employed! Why is this happening? Of course, there are larger issues of student input quality (today anyone who can spend Rs 5 lacs can get an MBA/PGDM degree without any entry level selection criteria). And larger issues of academic delivery quality (most run-of-the-mill colleges spend less than 10% of their revenues on actual academic delivery). But that doesn’t help students who have already enrolled. What can they do?... Read more
placement1

Placements and Beyond

by admin

June 21, 2013

0 Comments



Good jobs are rare - only 1 in 20 applicants gets selected. How do you prepare to crack the interview? Unfortunately, class-room teaching will not be sufficient. We need to build our profile through focussed co- and extra- curricular activities. We need to create our Unique Selling Proposition (USP).... Read more
bschool

The B-school Dilemma: How to choose the right B-school

by admin

June 17, 2013

0 Comments



Every year, about 5 lac students write MBA entrance tests, but hardly 5% get selected in the top colleges. How should the other 95% students choose the right college? Everyone gets hundreds of calls from colleges offering direct admissions, but beware of false claims!... Read more
education

The State of Management Education in India

by admin

June 17, 2013

0 Comments



India has 3000 bschools, but beyond the top 30, quality dips significantly. Average campus placement rate is hardly 30-50% and average salaries hardly Rs 12-18,000 per month. Quality of faculty and industry interface is also poor. What can be done?... Read more